The coaching staff is officially complete
Merry Monday, everyone!
We’ve endured the first NFL football-less weekend we’ve had since around August (I know the week before the Super Bowl is football-free, but it’s not the same), and the first of a WHOLE lot more coming at us. We’ll get a one-weekend reprieve for the draft, then we wait for training camp. Thankfully, baseball will be here soon, and also coming soon is the most important life activity, fishing. I’m talking open water fishing. Ice fishing fills the void, but nothing beats camping along the river with a nice, big campfire, and the early morning walleye bite.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
The Vikings coaching staff is officially filled, per Chris.
From Chris, another Viking was listed in the PFF Top 101 of 2018, Adam Thielen checked in at #30. He was the final Viking to make the list.
The readers of the DN have selected the Salt Lake Stallions as our adopted AAF team.
Chris points out one thing from the AAF that the NFL should adopt.
From a Fanpost, Lenby Vike looks at QB vs. OL performance, and how the Vikings compare.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the league:
Bob Costas revealed that he was pulled from the Super Bowl because of comments he made regarding concussions, per Fox News. I’ve noticed that hypocrites tend to dislike having their hypocrisy revealed.
Already wondering when the draft will get here? The Sporting News has that and more, with their full NFL 2019 offseason schedule.
We come to today’s media selection:
Here’s a fitting description for how the offseason can feel at times. Enjoy!?
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the tiger meat.